Ready to become an actor
or become an actress
? Join now to apply to open casting calls
. Here are some great tips to get you started.
Don’t sit around waiting for an agent to call! There are plenty of film, television, and commercial auditions listed online. If you get out there, do the legwork yourself, and land some acting roles, those agencies you’ve been waiting to hear from just may come calling.
You will find two types of casting call websites: ones that list the big union auditions, mostly in Los Angeles and New York, and others that feature smaller non-union local market auditions.
Some actors start a career with smaller local acting jobs to build up a resume before moving on to the larger Hollywood ones. Others prefer to jump into the big time from the start. Whichever career strategy you prefer, you’ll find the perfect casting call website for you below.
These websites cannot guarantee the legitimacy of an audition posted, so do your homework before applying or attending an audition in person.
• Actors Access – (www.actorsaccess.com) – With a free Actors Access account, you can review audition notices and post photographs and your resume on a customized profile searchable by casting directors. You can review auditions and submit yourself online. Submissions are free if you join Showfax (www.showfax.com), currently $68.00 per year. There is a $2.00 processing fee per audition if submitting without a Showfax subscription.
• LA Casting – ( www.lacasting.com) – There are several account options to consider at LA Casting. All accounts receive an online profile where you can post your photo and resume. Profiles are searchable by casting directors and you get a direct link to your resume. You can e-mail your online profile and submit to unlimited casting calls.
• Now Casting – (www.nowcasting.com) – Now Casting offers four different account options, ranging from free to $20.00 per month. This casting website offers similar features to LA Casting and Actors Access in addition to New York theatrical auditions. Post your headshot and resume then submit your information to auditions online.
• BackStage – (www.backstage.com / www.backstagewest.com) – Backstage offers auditions in both New York and Los Angeles, including film, television, commercial, theatre, and some local area auditions. With an account, you can locate and apply to casting calls online and set up a profile with photographs, a resume, and video demos.
• Mandy.com – (www.mandy.com) – This website lists calls for production and crew positions in addition to regular audition casting calls for actors. Mandy.com’s searchable database of auditions includes jobs for actors in radio, film, television, and theatre.
• Explore Talent – (www.exploretalent.com) – You can post your pictures and resume on Explore Talent’s website then submit yourself to acting and modeling casting calls. This website claims to have more auditions and other resources for actors than all of the other casting call websites combined.
• Taltopia – (www.taltopia.com) – Taltopia has a huge job board where aspiring artists can find casting calls from all over. Agents, casting directors, and other entertainment industry professionals post directly to Taltopia’s job board. It is a great place for up-and-coming actors to find their big break!
Now that you have all this advice, get started by becoming a member and searching Los Angeles Casting Calls
or New York Casting Calls