Are you ready to become a model?
Here are some great tips to get you started:
Modeling isn't just for the stick thin anymore. Today, there is a huge demand for plus size women to model fashion, lingerie, in catalogs, or even in advertisements for commercial projects. This is a victory for full figured women everywhere.
The field of plus size modeling is wide open right now. Opportunities for plus size models are expanding every day. If you are full figured and would love a glamorous job that allows you to travel the world, you should consider plus size modeling. The following ten tips will get you started in the lucrative field of plus size modeling.
1. Make Sure You Are "Plus Size" - This may sound obvious, but agents turn away aspiring plus size models every day, telling them they need to gain weight to be considered "plus size." Many women have skewed visions of themselves, thinking they are full figured when they are actually far from it. If you want to pursue a career as a plus size model, consult with a modeling agent to make sure you qualify as "plus size."
2. Learn About Modeling - Plus size modeling is still modeling. Before you pursue a plus size modeling career, take the time to learn about the field of modeling. There are different types of modeling for different sizes and even different body parts. By learning the business of modeling, you will be ahead of all of the other aspiring plus size models auditioning for the same modeling jobs as you.
3. Plus Size Modeling is Selling - Modeling is all about business. The purpose of every modeling job is selling. Models are used to make a product or service look good so that people buy it. The purpose of modeling isn't just to dress up and get paid for having your picture taken. Remember that a model's main job is always to help sell something.
4. You've Gotta Be Comfortable With Your Body - You must be completely comfortable with your body, your weight, and yourself. A plus size model must love her body and having her picture taken. If you are uncomfortable, it will come across in your photographs.
5. You Need to Look Good - When you're a plus size model, your figure and your looks matter. You must be fit, have the right height and look, perfect teeth, great hair, beautiful skin, and you must be photogenic.
6. You Need an Agent - To make it in the world of professional modeling, you need an agent. Make sure your agent specializes in plus size models.
7. You Must Have Confidence - Self-confidence and determination are your biggest assets in making it as a plus size model. Modeling is competitive and those with the determination to succeed are usually the ones that make it big.
8. Persistence is Key - It takes time to get signed with a modeling agency and it may take even longer to get your first modeling job. You must persevere and never give up to achieve success as a plus size model. Follow up on every lead and go to every modeling audition you can. Becoming a plus size model takes planning, persistence, and lots of hard work, but if you stick with it, you'll be rewarded with a thriving career.
9. You Can't Fall Apart - Rejection is a huge part of a career in plus size modeling. You must handle rejection well. You can't fall apart every time you don't get a modeling job. If you don't deal well with rejection, plus size modeling may not be a good career for you.
10. Treat Plus Size Modeling as Your Business - No matter the type of plus size modeling you do, it is vital that you treat modeling as your job - as your business, not as your hobby or something you do for fun. You have to commit yourself to attending every audition, taking care of yourself, making connections, and keeping up with contacts. You must network all the time, just like when owning a business. Be serious about your modeling business and put forth a professional attitude for success.