anndrewart
2/3/2010 11:11 AM
Taltopia (and the world) are filled with wonder and beauty! I feel exactly the same as you. In addition its FUN! And I'm especially grateful for the exposure that these contests offer. I only wish I had more time to look around.

anndrewart
2/3/2010 10:48 AM
LOL Thanx! I don't have formal training either. I read a lot so I know a lot. And I've been around the block a time or two.

RebeccaJea...
2/3/2010 5:48 AM
You look so young...but, u are so 'wise' per say!!! I'm honored to be 'competing' w/ ya!!! I do wish you the best in this contest :)...really do...I honestly do like your piece :)! It is sad, but beautiful... colorful, but gloomy :)

RebeccaJea...
2/3/2010 5:47 AM
You know...I TOTALLY agree w/ yu about your poem... and on what you are saying here about love, suffering, etc..etc..I may not have any formal training myself, on writing/poetry/etc...I'm with you on the fact of suffering being an inspirat.

anndrewart
1/25/2010 8:45 AM
I decided to call it a song because it doesn't follow any one rule of poetry. It's mostly Free Verse but then it slips into iambic tetrameter and so on. There is even some rhyme in there. The important component is rhythm (or meter).

anndrewart
1/15/2010 11:35 AM
Maybe the philosophy of some is "Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema," which is Latin for...I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme it isn't a poem. Whatever happened to love of iambic pentameter? *sigh*

anndrewart
1/15/2010 11:31 AM
Didn't even notice...I just hope some will get some enjoyment from it. Or at least some will empathize. This is actually an award-winning poem already, so remember what I always told you, "Jealousy is the hallmark of the mediocre."

Phenomachr...
1/14/2010 9:17 PM
Ya I hate how that first vote is always a (-1). Its like some downer is running around trying to give people a hard time yknow? lol

Allen
1/13/2010 11:51 AM
Awesome! Link your friends and fans to this page to get more Fame votes!