sydvicious
5/3/2009 11:15 AM
thank you everyone for the votes!! there are a lot of great pictures.

paulwhite42
5/3/2009 8:00 AM
now flower Girl has my vote because Rain does bring flowers...up till now i voted on image if their was rain or a show of water or indication of a storm!! I suggest Daniel Garcia to change title of entry or change all together to show rain

paulwhite42
5/3/2009 7:57 AM
Daniel Garcia can you explain how entry relates to Rain or Water?? if looking at rain maybe change the title to reflect such because up untill your entry Flower Girl as beautiful of a photo did not get my votes cause of no rain or water.

5/2/2009 10:30 PM
Why don't you write to taltopia and explain this process, Bluefly? I know they are trying to restructure the voting and I'm sure they would appreciate the suggestion!

Bluefly
5/2/2009 9:58 PM
there are some sites out there that have %'s each entry is voted based on %. 1-100. Each entry is judged by its merit not actually against others. They are based on topic, quality, relavance, compositon.... it works very well.

paulwhite42
5/2/2009 9:41 PM
if there was a vote/rating system that would work good and it would cut down the voting time for contest with many enteries!! 1-10 your most favorites give a 1 etc then the # votes are averaged out person gets few 1's and some 5, 7 etc

katz743
5/2/2009 9:19 PM
Janese, you're right. I also wrote to Taltopia last week, with suggestions for a better voting process. If enough good suggestions get to them, I'm sure they will come up with something better.

katz743
5/2/2009 9:16 PM
Bluefly, I wasn't talking about your entry. It is beautiful. I was talking about poor quality entries, in general, ones that somehow get into the number 1 position, in come cases in just a few hours of entering.

wondermombb
5/2/2009 7:57 PM
water 3 looks a bit familiar(just another rainy day.....mine....lol) and I thought I was unique! lol

wondermombb
5/2/2009 7:55 PM
Rainy Evening is awesome!

wondermombb
5/2/2009 7:54 PM
Hey guys if the photo you think is not of quality(too small ect.) flag it for review, but yes it is a popularity as well. But so is SOA photo too! Havent found one yet without cliques.

5/2/2009 3:35 PM
I have written letters to Taltopia asking them to make some much needed changes in the voting process here. I'd be willing to bet that they would be more prone to change things if others wrote also! Just a thought!

Bluefly
5/2/2009 3:04 PM
I agree with you shelly. On the other site, not eyefetch. I vote on 8 contests that are run at the same time every week, there are approx 60+ entry on every contest give or take and I vote on every one of them. hmm have to try eyefetch...

shellyhubbart
5/2/2009 8:49 AM
"...Winner to be chosen by Taltopia Staff." ...Some hope for all those thinking this voiting is not fair.

paulwhite42
5/2/2009 8:41 AM
p.s. you can be assured that I don't skip any vote either.. though i admit 60 something enteries is quite a lot but i do as many as I can before i need to rest my eyes and such.. I may be done with the voting today maybe!!

paulwhite42
5/2/2009 8:37 AM
The only photo website with contests that offer anyonomity that I am aware of is www.eyefetch.com.. What I do here is not pay attention to the names on the bottom of the image and just vote based on what i see!!

SHACYNE
5/2/2009 5:37 AM
I AGREE ABOUT THE POPULARITY ISSUE, IT MAKES YOU FORGET ABOUT THE CRITERIA OF THE CONTEST. THIS IS MY FIRST ENTRY AND IT IS DISHEARTENING WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE PICS ENTERED. I GUESS IT IS ALL ON HOW YOU SEE SOMETHING. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Bluefly
5/2/2009 1:00 AM
I am not trying to offend anyone here but because it is not anyonomous it's more of a popularity contest instead of a photography contest. I just wanted to enter a quality photo and have at least a chance at a fair contest.

Bluefly
5/2/2009 12:58 AM
There is one photo that is so small I have no idea what it is. When you look at a photo, it should be in focus, there are quite a few that are not. This is not the only place for photo contests, others have higher resolutions.

Bluefly
5/2/2009 12:54 AM
So katz743, being the newbe here, are you saying my photo is not worthy of being in first? I have noticed that many of the photos are not of quality when you look at them larger, they are blurry.

shellyhubbart
5/1/2009 6:05 PM
If you hit refresh (or F5) it will show a different set of "random" photos. That way you don't have to vote for a photo that you don't want to vote for.

beyourownm...
5/1/2009 5:56 PM
yes, understandable. You really don't have to vote on every one. You can scroll and vote only on the ones you like best.... especially for this one with 66 entries

debbie29469
5/1/2009 5:45 PM
I'm not saying that a person can't enter whatever they want into the contest...just that one shouldn't be forced to vote between two that they do not believe are in the context of the contest.

beyourownm...
5/1/2009 5:37 PM
With sixty Pictures, and half of them are flowers? some of them could simply be "dew drops"? I put mine up but I doubt it will get many votes, however the Rain in Neworleans... That's very well photographed.

debbie29469
5/1/2009 5:30 PM
'Under the Sea' doesn't meet the criteria of this contest; but, keep putting it up against every other shot and the final votes will undoubtedly be skewed!

debbie29469
5/1/2009 5:10 PM
Every time I come on to vote,this happens, but tonight e.g. I've voted at least 6 times for a shot that I really do like. Yet others that I really like have not come up for vote. Terribly unfair 'random' voting method!

debbie29469
5/1/2009 5:09 PM
'random' voting terribly unfair. katz743: you said 'sometimes you can't advance'. I never can; how do you do it when presented two shots of equally poor quality or not within the criteria of this contest.

katz743
5/1/2009 3:38 PM
At this rate, Taltopia might as well go back to the old way of voting! I've seen some beautiful entries lose out to horrible, unfocused cell phone pictures...or something on that order.

katz743
5/1/2009 3:36 PM
And, how did Tiger Lily go from 1st place to somewhere below 6th, in a matter of hours? James was leading at 8 this morning, and it is now 3:30 in the afternoon. How can that happen?

katz743
5/1/2009 3:32 PM
I think that has something to do with the new voting, Janese. Sometimes, you can't advance without placing a vote. It's annoying as heck!