anndrewart
2/19/2010 6:49 AM
I read it after she posted and didn't remember seeing it here. Unlikely it would've been pulled for that reason, but ask one of the owners.

Kayla_DeNio
2/18/2010 5:30 PM
poetry.com. Did hers get removed because it had already been published once?

Kayla_DeNio
2/18/2010 5:29 PM
I have a question. My mom entered a poem into this contest. It got taken out. (she is Jean) She had entered it into a different contest a few years back and won. Her poem got published and ended up on the first page of a book through

DoeRae
2/17/2010 10:33 AM
Congratulations SIS!!! Wish you had won the holiday photography contest, but this is nice too, hehe!! Love ya!!!

Jean_DeNio
2/17/2010 3:07 AM
Interesting, my poem is GONE - and I know it had at least one vote! I wonder who removed it, when, and why! Plucking Daisies is ~very much~ a poem about undying love!

Hendleyrj3
2/14/2010 1:34 PM
Happy Valentine's Day great Contest and my personal best to everyone, John

Hendleyrj3
2/14/2010 11:58 AM
My best to everyone a worthy competition, and good luck to all you artist out there in your future endeavors, a fellow poet, John

Aiydlewild
2/14/2010 9:44 AM
an artistic career YOU WILL be rejected at some time. this will hopefully make you stronger. DONT let rejection deter you from your goals. I fanned everyone in this contest as a way of trying to make it up to you.

Aiydlewild
2/14/2010 9:38 AM
Wanted to apologize to everyone if I caused you grief. not my intention. It didn't occur that some were just in this for fun or were so fragile, or quick to offend. Its a rough competative world for artisans & if you are going to pursue ...

Aiydlewild
2/14/2010 9:31 AM
Malikate yer in 4th place b'cuz there're 2 ties for 2nd & 3rd

anndrewart
2/14/2010 9:04 AM
Actually you do have a chance. The judges may take your age into consideration as well as your piece. There were 3 entrants about your age & 27 adults. Happy Valentines Day everyone. What a thought provoking discussion too.

MaliKate
2/13/2010 11:15 PM
Oh wow I have no chance in hell -.- A 14 year old against 29 adults? I'm amazed I even came 4th at one point, now I'm down to six..Spare me.

anndrewart
2/13/2010 8:56 PM
being sorta slammed against the wall. That sucks. & I forget who said "the success of an artist is not measured by how many awards they've won, but by how many times they've been rejected." I so hope that's true 'cuz that means I've ARRIVED

anndrewart
2/13/2010 8:52 PM
My Huny just gave me a V-Day card & alth o it wasn't nearly as flowing & loverly as most of these entries, the uh grammar was spot on. LOL seriously Rainedaize I think your 1st point (and I concur) had to do with baring one's soul & then...

2/13/2010 8:41 PM
On that note, ignore any imperfect grammar displayed on any prev. comment of mine. HA! and I am sorry I wrote so much....

2/13/2010 8:39 PM
I find myself verbally and visually correcting other peoples. It's a big flaw of mine. I think that anyone who is writing something not to be interpreted as a poem, should consider correct grammar.

2/13/2010 8:38 PM
write so that we MAY be judged. Ultimately any contest participant seeks judgement, but it appears usually only in a positive way. Also, to clarify, I very much love good grammar and unfortunately

2/13/2010 8:37 PM
discussion on judgements and the defenses that came out as a result. I agree with you however, if ever there is a correct time for judgement, it is in a contest. By definition, We are writing what we

2/13/2010 8:36 PM
Also, when I was talking about rude in my comments, I was in no way referring to you. I was just stating my intention there. Anndrewart, I agree with you as well. I do recall reading the

2/13/2010 8:35 PM
You both makek valid points. Donatela, you are correct. I apologize. I think b/c I wrote a poem, I created the false illusion that this was just poetry. But you are correct and I apologize for my mis information, interpretation.

anndrewart
2/13/2010 8:06 PM
About 4 pages ago someone said "Who are we to judge?" Well, I believe that is what happens when we enter contests. We are judged. And it HELPS if it is easy to read. And it's easier to read if it is grammatically correct.

Donatela
2/13/2010 7:47 PM
whether prose or poetry is, indeed, structured. My posts have been an attempt to educate as well as to foster good writing, and to try to alleviate what I saw as unwarranted personal attacks. My congrats to ALL who have submitted entries!

Donatela
2/13/2010 7:40 PM
Nor do I have any intention to be rude to anyone. Actually, it's not a poetry contest, it's a writing contest, so yes, I believe, according to all that I've learned about writing both as a writer and an English teacher, writing, ....

2/13/2010 7:24 PM
this is a poetry contest. It's not a grammar test. If it was a contest on essays or something a bit more strucured, I feel like it would deem more discussion. That's just my opinion & not meant to be rude.

2/13/2010 7:22 PM
in my times of correction and criticism and I personally have not been offended nor turned off by any grammatical or spelling errors on any of these poems. I feel like in this particular instance

2/13/2010 7:21 PM
Not that I have done that, but if I am going to continue to post here, I want to understand the reasoning. Also, I just want to add that at times I am quite a grammar Nazi who can often be annoying

2/13/2010 7:20 PM
Just as a side note/question, I am wondering (not disagreeing) how this is considered a popularity contest by some. Is this in reference to those who put comments up asking for votes?

2/13/2010 7:18 PM
but I know that poems are sometimes a private thing and when expressing things like love and such, they can put one in a vulnerable state. I feel priveleged to have read them.

2/13/2010 7:17 PM
I just want to say after reading most or all of these poems, I am appreciative of your different expressions. Some of them I liked more than others, but I respect them all. I am no poet

Donatela
2/13/2010 6:41 PM
And I DO see this as more of a popularity contest than a reflection of the quality of the writing submitted.