4/23/2012 8:03 PM
;) CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!! Great job to all entrants!

4/23/2012 7:57 PM
Hi Randy, I appreciate what you are saying and I share your sentiments. However,these contests are set up specifically to solicit votes from friends.

4/23/2012 7:57 PM
They are up front about it when you enter a contest where you are then imediately directed to e blast friends- post widgets, etc.

4/23/2012 7:56 PM
PS, I have also just revisited the site after a long break - yes it is the same old same old, but I have also met some nice people that are great artists!

randiman40
4/23/2012 7:06 PM
Oh....and CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!! Great job to all entrants!

randiman40
4/23/2012 6:55 PM
That's all fine and good CJ.However most people don't stay long after they see how things go.My girlfriend and I left for about 2 years.I just came back and I see that things are all still the same so I doubt I'll stick around much longer.

4/23/2012 11:31 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!! Great job to all entrants! I think we may just have the best collection of single flowers on the net!!

4/23/2012 11:29 AM
we are only talking 10 or 20 or so votes difference in the works in the display- I say they are all winners! HOWEVER, not to take away from our top three! They pushed ahead and deserve their spots!

4/23/2012 11:27 AM
Contests are all in fun and to showcase our art as a group. All of the images are great but these contests are also about bringing people to the site via voting promotion. This nice display at the end of the contest showcases everyone!

randiman40
4/23/2012 11:11 AM
Also,in my opinion,Jack Sadlos "Orchid" deserved to be ranked well higher than it did.Good job Jack.

randiman40
4/23/2012 11:02 AM
I'm proud to have placed 7th among such great photos.I do think that Cathie10's "Purple Tulip" deserved to be ranked WAY higher than it did.I feel bad for you Cathie.Your entry is definitely better than what these rankings reflect.Good job

chipmonk
4/23/2012 9:49 AM
It makes a great bouquet with all of them on the same page now. Richard you did very well with your beautiful rose, but this contest had quite a few entries including yours that were deserving of first place.

4/23/2012 9:42 AM

4/23/2012 8:58 AM
The excitement mounts.. will our top contenders hold their spot or will a sleeper entry slip up through the ranks?? Stay tuned - We are down to our last few minutes!!

4/22/2012 2:17 PM
Hey, but at least it isn't wasted! lol

chipmonk
4/22/2012 2:12 PM
Can you tell I have a lot of time on my hands? LOL

4/22/2012 2:09 PM
Lol, too much fun! I do agree, you really have to view them large to make an informed vote-

chipmonk
4/22/2012 2:04 PM
Great! It's awesome to view them in their largest capacity. Sometimes I line them up in the order that I think they should be, and periodically view them in their tabs while voting. And sometimes I change the order. LOL

4/22/2012 1:56 PM
Thank you! The right click works.

chipmonk
4/22/2012 1:53 PM
Either way it is much larger than image in their media.

chipmonk
4/22/2012 1:51 PM
In that case, try right clicking on the image and open it in a new tab. You get the same large image that way, so you can view them side by side in two new tabs. Then go back to the original tab to vote.

4/22/2012 1:42 PM
Hi Chipmonk- for some reason, the preview box does not completely open for me - It sometimes will not even make the white box (where the image should be).

chipmonk
4/22/2012 1:38 PM
You will find that sometimes the one you think is best side by side on the voting page isn't the best when viewing them in zoom out mode.

chipmonk
4/22/2012 1:36 PM
There is a better way to compare the entries than viewing them in the artists' media. When the vote page loads completely, click on the image itself and it zooms right up in your face. Close out one and zoom in on the other one.

chipmonk
4/22/2012 1:34 PM
CJ, this has been an awesome contest. I always vote all the way through even in contests this large, and this one has become more exciting with each new entry, but..........

4/22/2012 1:23 PM
Each entry has unique qualities!

4/22/2012 1:23 PM
@Janese- Beautiful macro image - so very close and detailed! love it!

4/22/2012 1:21 PM
@TRCrandall49 I love images that transform the more they are studied. - at first glance, I thought your tulip was hand made and painted- I had to view it closeup to see that it was even a more beautiful natural tulip! Neat surprise!

4/22/2012 11:46 AM
Great info on your photograph Richard - Thanks! Beautiful Rose and a great tribute to your wife. Thanks for sharing it with us.

4/22/2012 11:14 AM
@RichardScherrer - you are welcome! We have the cream of the crop here! For sure! cj